It pleases me to see such a growth in anti grooming groups in the UK. I think the majority of them have good intentions and its heartening to see that there are people who give up their time and take risks to run those groups.
There are not so many groups and movements who do what we specifically do.
We’re part pressure group who will do PR promotions in order to draw attention to the issues. We’re part community awareness by way of having people on the ground that can flyer any given town about any given abuser at any given moment.
Having spent nearly two years closely examining some of the most extreme offenders, there is no doubt in my mind that the individuals we were designed to expose and draw attention to are every bit as much of a risk as child groomers online.
The individuals we look at are so twisted and sadistic that there is no question at all that they would be an extreme danger to minors – as well.
There is most likely cross over between sexual predators and some of the cases and individuals we have looked at.
Keep in mind that people like Robert Koch or Frankish aren’t just these one dimensional figures who should only be seen in the context of their actions toward animals. Instead you need to view them in their totality – they are unquestionably sociopathic and sadistic. By nature.
Thus it would follow that their sexual pathology would in of itself be inevitably twisted and probably illegal if actualised in any form.
I would be curious to think what our readers might guess the sexual pathology of a Koch or a Frankish to be like. Would you agree with me that its almost certainly likely to be deeply disturbing and probably criminal?
There’s a very good reason why I’d always place the most focus on one or two cases like a Frankish or Koch.
Their actions, the pre meditation, the specifics of them, their entire modus operandi – it most obviously points to individuals who are so deranged and sociopathic that they’d think nothing of inflicting harm and even death upon a vulnerable person.
Why would they demonstrate empathy and decency toward a vulnerable person when everything about their nature lacks empathy and decency?
When I think about a Frankish or Koch I don’t just see animal abusers there – I see individuals who have the high potential to be a serial rapist or child killer. I say potential, but for all we know ……
Not everyone that cops a conviction under the animal welfare act falls into their category. Thankfully.
There are many cases where people get convicted for failing to get veterinary treatment fast enough, but there was no wilful act of cruelty or any evidence of any sadistic beatings. Those kinds of people aren’t a danger in the way that a Koch or a Frankish are.
I would say that cases like Frankish and Koch make up the smallest % of cases BUT they are the most deserving of not only incarceration but hyper monitoring by the public.
There are lots of people who like what we do and have done and maybe at some point there will be even more organisations that do these things just as we’ve seen a growth in anti grooming groups.
My top ten realities of running something like OF would be as follows below (in no special order).
I know from some of those who run anti grooming movements that they would probably mirror most of these realities.
See them as things to consider if ever you’re thinking about putting something into practice in this sort of way.
I’ve had to just learn as I went since there wasn’t anything I could directly replicate. But now that I have learned and now that we have a good body of work behind us – I can share some of these aspects here.
If they help or make it easier for someone to do something similar in the future then that’s great.
1) Don’t assume that public anger is the same as public action. Its definitely not. People get angry about stuff all the time. People don’t get active about things nearly as much. Anger is just the expression of an emotion. Takes no effort or commitment. Action does.
2) Like it or not you’ll need press coverage. While social media presence has its place, its still coverage in the general press that you are going to need. Its still how people subconsciously validate something.
3) Don’t assume that newspaper editors will just run something from the goodness of their heart. They may on occasion give some coverage to something twee happening in their locale. But if you want press, if you want them calling you and you want them e mailing you – then you need to create news.
4) You’ll need resources. Without resources you will go nowhere and do little. How you get them is another matter – but you will need them.
5) Don’t assume others will be as passionate as you are about the given issue. Whether its exposing deranged psychos or hunting down the groomers, the truth is that most wont be as passionate about it as you might be.
This will confuse you at first and you’ll wonder “how everyone isn’t able to see the threat”. You might even get a bit frustrated by it.
To save you going through that phase just start out with what I said – don’t assume that people care as you do.
The sad reality is that all too many don’t really care about what psychos, abusers, groomers and terrorists might be living free.
Even if your intentions are good, don’t waste too much time and effort trying to totally transform people whose default position is lethargy. It takes too much effort for too little reward.
My advice is to place your focus on those who do demonstrate some measure of willing.
6) Do public events and try to be a bit different and OTT. The press like to see things. The public like to see things. Social media loves to see things. Go forth and do things!
7) Its not for everyone. I wouldn’t recommend that just anyone and everyone (even with good intent) goes off and starts an anti grooming group or an OF style movement.
The subject matter and the people you will be dealing with are the lowest of the low. Being active in and around that type of environment isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Do it long enough and it will change you as a person in some subtle ways. These are not necessarily always ways you’ll enjoy.
Be prepared to get dragged down at times and be prepared to have to drag yourself back up. And if you’re not able to watch the most extreme bit of evidence out there then I definitely wouldn’t recommend getting into this directly. I say that purely for your own benefit.
8) Try to research into your subject and write about it. Publish your works on the Internet. When writing try to offer solutions and ideas.
9) Don’t assume that most or all offers of help materialise into anything. You’ll always get people who step up full of beans but when it comes down to it they may not deliver. That’s just what happens when you are mainly relying on goodwill and volunteerism.
10) Be prepared to put in long hours doing things that are sometimes just boring but need done to make a given thing happen.
And don’t think you’ll freely be able to talk about what you do among everyone you meet. For one thing the subject matter isn’t for everyone. Secondly, when you run something like this or an anti grooming gang, its an odd thing to explain to someone without them thinking its some sort of Mafia. Its not like saying ‘Hey, I volunteer at a rescue centre feeding puppies’. All sweetness and light.